Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Maylene is three!

I cannot believe my baby girl is three years old. Time has gone by so fast. I was looking through all my old pictures of her and I just couldn't believe how much he has changed. Her and I watched old videos of her when she was little(er) and she was cracking up. There was one video in particular of her going nuts playing with Colin. She was doing this weird scream and 3 year old Maylene just thought 1 year old Maylene was hilarious.

We went to Red Robin for her birthday dinner the night before her birthday. Colin's mom made us homemade Mac and cheese (Maylene's favorite) for her dinner on her birthday. She had her eat ever restaurant birthday song and sundae and I'm pretty sure she lived it.

She also requested a pink cake with pink frosting so I made her a homemade strawberry cake that was adapted from a hot pink raspberry cake I mentioned earlier. It was pretty good if I say so myself.

Gosh, she is just too big now. She's acting so much older too and im torn with wanting her to stay little but then also I love watching her grow. I'm learning just how important it is to cherish everything, even the bad days and rough nights. One day, she'll be off to college and not wanting to talk to us, or we'll be those embarrassing parents to her we swore we would never be. Even now I get the "Mom..." line from her showing her future teenage self. I'll take what I can get though :)

I love you Maylene Elise and I hope you loved your special day <3


No comments:

Post a Comment