Saturday, April 16, 2011

Here we go

Well, I have wanted to start a blog of our family for a while now. I feel like I end up missing someone important with valuable information and I feel so guilty when I finally tell them. I'm just shocked at how busy life can be and I hate that I fail to find the time to keep everyone informed. So, this is my attempt to keep family and friends updated on anything noteworthy (or not, I mean we can't always be interesting right?).

Today is exciting for us because we have officially entered the second trimester!! Whoo hoo little baby, you are sticking around to continue to bless us :) It's been a rough few months as I had a dear friend recently endure a miscarriage and another close friend has had two. It has always been a fear of mine because the moment that little stick says "pregnant" or has two lines, I am immediately in love. I think most women feel this way, and that's one of the reasons it's so scary. To think, you love someone so tiny, who relies on you to keep them safe in your body until they can meet the world and you can possibly lose them regardless of what you do?! It's beyond terrifying and I thank God every day that we have kept our baby. Now that we are in the clear, I have such a sense of relief and joy. Another exciting thing is that I swear I have felt this little one move all ready. They say you can notice it sooner with subsequent pregnancies, but I still have my doubts. I may be hopeful and wrong, but let me :) It's not hurting anyone for me to believe I feel this little one at times. It's usually once or twice and it's always when I sit down for a minute- after I lay Maylene down for her nap, or right before I fall asleep in bed. Amazing the miracles God brings into our lives every day :)

Maylene is potty trained! She has been without diapers since Monday, so today makes six days without any diapers. She loves to say she is a big girl and that she wears big girl underwear, is too big for diapers, and uses the big girl potty. She is so proud of herself for what she has accomplished. I choke up every day when I see her smile when she pees on the potty. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, maybe not, but I am a big sissy now! Who gets choked up because their kid pees?! :) It's just yet another sign that she is a big girl and growing up far too fast for her mommy's taste. I love her more every day and I can't wait for her to meet her little brother or sister :) She is so excited for the baby. She yells at me if I pick her up and says, "No Mommy! No pick up May-May, baby in your belly!" She is so stinking cute. She keeps saying "sister", but I feel like it's a boy :)

Colin is doing really well too. The band has some exciting things going on and they have a few big shows coming up. Today, they play at Hopefest in Circleville, OH with House of Heroes. I am so proud of him. He works full time, works once a week at another job, has the band to be apart of and still manages to make us feel like we are the only thing he cares about. I couldn't be more blessed :)

Maylene in her wagon on a walk. The first nice day we had for months! She was so excited. As you can see, she likes to lounge around in the wagon haha. She either has to walk the whole way, or she likes to relax like a princess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment